Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Post

Well I've been collecting Orioles autographs for a couple years now sporadically but I've recently started a push for getting as many different O's autos as possible, especially TTM. I had a FreeWebs website put up displaying my collection but I feel a blog might be a little bit easier for me to update, display, and such. So I'm taking the dive and starting my blog where I'll update with current successes, talk about the Delmarva Shorebirds and Orioles, hopefully meet other collectors and ultimately expand and showcase my collection.

I really started collecting autographs in 2002 at my local team, the Delmarva Shorebirds. The first autographs I ever tried for were in 2000 and I asked Napolean Calzado to sign my logo baseball. Since then I obtained signatures from the Shorebirds and opponents whenever I could. Then in 2004 I heard about collecting through the mail. My first ever success was Billy Ripken. I was hooked, I spent whatever spare money had on stamps. I accumulated several autographs my first year. I hadn't really settled my interests yet but I sent out to people I had cards of and received a lot of them back. I sent and received responses Goose Gossage, Joe Girardi, Warren Sapp, Donovan McNabb, and Kevin Harvick. I had been a fan of the Orioles my whole life and I decided to try to send out more so to Orioles. I sent out a request to David Segui who was back on the O's at the time and received a quick response. I then sent out request to Brian Roberts, Jay Gibbons, and Melvin Mora and received them back, needless to say I was hooked. I joined some great websites that really helped me expand my collection and I was collecting full force in high school. I collected a lot of Orioles autographs and traded up until college when I've kinda not had time to collect like I used to. But now that I have most of my courses under my belt and a steady summer paycheck I've really started trying to collect every player to appear in an Orioles uniform.

Well I guess for my first post I'll show some of the first autos I received! Please leave comments, email, or whatever!





Billy Ripken
Jay Gibbons
Brian Roberts
David Segui
Melvin Mora

3 comments:

  1. Hey man, welcome to the Orioles autograph blogging world. Good luck with your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, I've been following your blog for a while now, finally got around to registering and creating my own. Just trying to get everything organized now that the semester is over and hopefully will get have and want lists up plus scans of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your blog and I'm looking forward to see how you progress. I'm already impressed that you are still collecting while in college. I didn't pull that feat off.

    If you ever see any cards on my blog that you want or need, feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help an autograph collector out.

    ReplyDelete